Blackmores I-Folic™ is a combination of iodine and folic acid, both important preconception & pregnancy nutrients.
- Optimises folic acid and iodine levels
- Provides iodine to promote the development of baby’s brain, eyesight & hearing
- Provides a daily dose of 500 µg of folic acid that may reduce the risk of birth defects of the brain &/or spinal cord such as spina bifida if taken daily for 1 month prior to conception and during pregnancy
- Iodine is important for a baby’s brain development
The Blackmores difference
Blackmores I-Folic™ is a convenient one-a-day dose of folic acid and iodine, in a small, easy to swallow tablet.
One bottle will provide you with a 5 month supply of these two essential nutrients.
If you are trying to conceive, consider taking Blackmores Conceive Well™Gold which is formulated for preconception care. It supplies nutrients that are important to support normal conception and pregnancy, including iodine and folic acid.
Once pregnant consider changing to Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold. This is a premium, comprehensive formulation which contains vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids beneficial for both mother and baby.
Active ingredients per tablet
- Potassium iodide (iodine 150 µg) 196.2 µg
- Folic acid 500 µg
Adults – Take 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed
Contraindications and cautions
- Do not exceed the stated dose of folic acid except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida seek specific medical advice
- Not to be taken with Blackmores Conceive Well Gold, Blackmores Pregnancy & Breast-Feeding Gold, Blackmores Folate, or other folic acid containing supplements
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if suffering from a thyroid condition